THERE IS A CHARGE OF $50.00 FOR A CONSULTATION VISIT.
A CONSUTATION VISIT IS REQUIRED, BY SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT ONLY, PRIOR TO ANY BOOKINGS BEING MADE.
The consultation visit is a screening process designed to ensure that your dog does well in a multi-dog environment as well as being comfortable within our family. During this visit your dog will have the opportunity to meet us and to socialize with other dogs. At this time we want to see an approachable, family friendly and somewhat social pup! It is VERY important that we feel comfortable with your dog, and that your dog feels comfortable with us. We hope to provide your loved ones with a more than adequate transition from your home to ours.
This is our home, not a park or a petting zoo!! If you are planning to bring young children along on your visit, PLEASE understand that for the safety of your children and the comfort of our guests, we cannot tolerate any behavior that may trigger unwanted excitement or stress of the dogs in our care. These behaviors would include; eating outside of your vehicle, swinging, tree climbing, shouting, running about, overexcitement, poking or pestering the dogs, throwing things such as rocks, sticks or toys, as well as any uneducated handling such as attempting to play fetch or any other games. Nor do we allow public swimming, paddle boat rides or quad rides!
BEFORE BOOKING YOUR CONSULTATION APPOINTMENT PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
Your $50.00 consultation fee is NOT refundable in the event that your dog is not a suitable candidate for our home.
Your dog may need to be removed from our care if any of the following behaviors or situations become a concern while they are boarding, so please read the following points carefully:
– We cannot board dogs who are aggressive.
– We cannot board dogs who are destructive. Destructive behaviors would include; chewing on furniture, fence and deck boards, dog beds, clothing or other household items, jumping up on and scratching at our home, windows, doors, screen doors or vehicles and excessive digging.
– Dogs who are extremely timid or shy towards other dogs may not do well in this environment.
– We cannot board dogs who instinctively, nip, bite, or herd other dogs, or people, even as a form of play.
– We cannot board dogs who continuously mount and violate other dogs, even as a form of play.
– We cannot board male dogs who “mark” or urinate repeatedly in our home and on our belongings.
– We must be notified in advance if your dog has open wounds, sores, ear infections, hot spots or any other medical condition.
– Kennel Cough/Bordetella vaccine MUST be done a minimum of 14 days prior to arrival for boarding. All other vaccinations or boosters must be done at least 3 days prior to arrival for boarding.
– All dogs must have good house manners and come when called.
– All dogs must be housetrained (pee pads and crates are not used here).
– We do not board dogs who slobber and drool excessively. We are talking about the stringy uber goobers hanging from their jowls that fly off and stick to the walls and furniture when they shake their heads.
– Dogs who are shedding excessively or “blowing their coat” must be properly brushed prior to their arrival for their Holiday.
– Clipped toenails are also appreciated!
– For liability and insurance reasons we cannot board Pit Bull Terriers, Staffordshire Terriers, crosses of either, or Jack Russel Terriers.
– We do not use crates at any time.
– Consutations, drop off’s and pick up’s are by scheduled appointment only and must be booked via email in advance, NO DROP IN TRAFFIC AT ANY TIME.
– We require you to confirm your booking via our email agreement before it will be finalized. This agreement will be sent to you each time your dog is booked with us.
– All bookings must be made via email and are not final until you receive confirmation.
– Payment in full is due at the time of drop off. We charge $30.00 per day and your payment should include drop off and pick up days. We no longer accept cheques, nor do we have a debit/credit card machine in our home.
– Vaccinations must be up to date and administered at least three days prior to your scheduled Holiday. Bordetella/Kennel Cough must be administered a minimum of 14 days prior to arrival. Proof is required, no exceptions.
– Proof of purchase of veterinary prescribed flea control, applied at least 24 hours prior to the arrival of your pet during the months of May through October is required, no exceptions.
– A phone call is required 30 minutes prior to your arrival for any scheduled appointment, allowing us to ensure that all of our guests are safe and secure before the yard gate is unlocked is required, no exceptions.
– NEVER attempt to enter our yard without confirmation from our family that the dogs are secure. There may be dogs out and you may be putting the dogs or yourself at risk. Our home is strictly entry by appointment only.